Storm Clouds on the Digital Education Horizon
1. Does this shift change the traditional aims of education in our society?
2. What skills will be necessary for success in the Knowledge Age?
3. What have we learned about learning that might help us gain these skills?
4. What does Knowledge Age learning really look like in practice?
5. How do we get there from here- which reform strategy will be effective?
6. How can we best apply learning technologies to support this alternative?
I find the Knowledge Age concept very interesting and I often wonder whether this is a true cultural and societal shift or whether it is just a ripple. Is the Knowledge Age a unique time in history, such as the Industrial Age? or is what is being called the Knowledge Age the beginning of something bigger which we can not articulate at this point? Are we only touching the elephant’s left leg?